Everyone loves the holidays. Getting to meet with your family, giving (and receiving) gifts, eating good food; what’s not to love? But you don’t want your joyous event to turn into an unexpected tragedy. According to CNN, there are plenty of accidents that can occur around the house during the holidays, especially fires. Every year, accidental fires kill more than 400 people and cause over $900,000 worth of property damage. Sparing a moment’s thought for your safety can prevent it.
While enjoying your holiday will be your top concern, don’t let your fun outweigh your safety. There are a few things you should keep in mind if you want to stay safe during the holiday season. Here are some tips for you.
10 Safety Tips For the Holidays
- Use a timer when cooking on the stove top or oven so you can’t forget and leave it on
- If you have a log fire place, make sure to use the screen
- Never burn wrapping paper, boxes, or trash in your fire place
- Don’t leave a fire, candles, warmers, or space heaters unattended
- Lit candles can start fires; use candle or fragrance warmers instead
- Real Christmas trees dry out in 2 weeks- get rid of the fire hazard
- Check holiday lights for cracked or broken bulbs, or frayed wires; don’t use them
- Replace overheating Christmas lights
- Never over fill a turkey fryer with grease
- Never use “indoor lights” outdoors
Let Us Help
Alpine Cleaning and Restoration Specialists, Inc. knows that fire damage in your home can be devastating. While we hope nothing bad happens, be sure to get in touch with us if a fire should strike. Our disaster response team is on call 24/7 and promises a 1-hour emergency response time, so if you need us, we’ll be there.
We wish you a happy and safe Merry Christmas!